The Black Isle peninsula, near Inverness, is a great holiday location for the active traveller. Black Isle activities take advantage of the impressive Highland outdoors to offer uniquely enjoyable experiences. Your Black Isle accommodation at Flowerburn Holiday Homes is the perfect base from which to explore what the Black Isle has to offer.
Black Isle Activities
The Black Isle is home to a wide range of activities:
- Dolphin Watching Spot the local bottlenose dolphins at Chanonry Point.
- Golfing Scotland is the birthplace of golf and the Black Isle doesn’t disappoint with a number of excellent courses.
- Eathie Beach Fossil Hunting Made famous by 19th Century geologist, Hugh Miller, beachcombing at Eathie Beach can offer some surprising finds!
- Rosemarkie Beach Popular with locals, Rosemarkie Beach offers a play park, lawns, cafe and sand to enjoy. From here, explore west to see the dolphins or east for miles of sandy coves, caves and rocky outcrops.
- Cromarty Coastal Circuit Walking tour along the Cromarty coast up the Sutors headland with outstanding views.
This is but few of the activities available on the Black Isle. Combined with Black Isle attractions of historical interest, you’ll find our region offers a rich experience. Each day you can return to your Black Isle accommodation at Flowerburn to recharge before another adventure.